You’re the sort of person who gets excited at the prospect of new knowledge. You want to better understand the world around you, whether you’re absorbing works of literature, examining historical events or learning about other cultures. As a student in Brenau’s Humanities Department, you’ll learn in an open-minded environment where we embrace different perspectives and explore creative ideas. Our professors, who all have terminal degrees, will equip you with the tools to think critically and express yourself clearly, so you can succeed in a variety of career settings.
Why Brenau Humanities?
- Learn in small classes with an average 10:1 student-to-teacher ratio, which gives you the ability to work closely with your professors
- Receive pre-professional development opportunities
- Gain a strong understanding of ethical and artistic criteria of judgment
- Challenge your worldview and expand your global perspective
- Explore interdisciplinary studies through special course topics or taking on a double major or minor
- Have the opportunity to complete an undergraduate thesis, working one-on-one with a professor in your area of interest
- Engage with three nationally acclaimed poets per year through the Georgia Poetry Circuit
- Complete an internship that will prepare you for your future career
- Graduate ready to enter a variety of fields or graduate school paths