Get a jumpstart on college at no cost by enrolling in Brenau University’s Dual Enrollment program. If you’re an eligible high school or homeschooled student at the high school level, you can earn postsecondary credit hours and simultaneously meet your high school graduation or home study diploma completion requirements.
If you are a junior or senior in high school, you may, with the approval of your counselor, enroll in a combined number of high school and college courses per semester in Brenau’s Dual Enrollment program. See eligibility requirements below.
Dual Enrollment eligibility requirements:
- Fill out the Brenau University Dual Enrollment Application Form.
- Complete the Dual Enrollment Student Participation Agreement and submit it to your high school or homeschool study program for each school term (semester or quarter).
- High school and homeschooled students must complete the Dual Enrollment Student Participation Agreement at gafutures.org/checs/DualEnrollment/Parent.
- For homeschooled students, the parent and counselor portions are completed by their parents.
- There is no application fee for Dual Enrollment applicants.
- Students must be at least 16 years old.
- Students must have a minimum class rank of junior.
- Official high school transcript must show a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Things to know:
- Please note: You may be required to take a placement test if you wish to take a math or English course at Brenau. Contact Crystal at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
- Students may enroll in up to 12 hours per semester. Dual Enrollment options are available for spring, summer and fall semesters at Brenau.
- Courses not on the course listing must be paid for by the student privately at a discounted tuition rate.
- Please contact Crystal Strickland at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. You can view the approved courses for dual enrollment using this hyperlink.
- Hours are not counted toward HOPE Scholarship attempted hours limits.
- Tuition is paid by the state for Dual Enrollment students taking approved courses who have followed all GaFutures requirements.
- All male students are required to register with the selective service as soon as they turn 18. Dual enrolled male students who do not register with the selective service will be required to pay the full tuition for the semester in which they turned 18.
- Books are provided by Brenau for all approved courses through the Brenau bookstore. Books must be returned to the university bookstore unless otherwise directed. Books not returned or damaged will be paid for by the student or the student’s official transcripts may be held.
For more information about Dual Enrollment, please contact Crystal Strickland at email@example.com.
For information on transitioning from the Dual Enrollment program to becoming a freshman at Brenau, please contact Admissions at 770-534-6100.