What is Brenau Book Bundle?
Brenau Book Bundle is a rental program designed to help save you time and money, and ensure you have your course materials on or before the first day of classes. After you register, the bookstore bundles all the books you need for your classes. Your book bundle can be picked up at the university bookstore on the Gainesville historic campus at 510 Washington St. SE, or shipped directly to your door for an additional flat $8 shipping fee. Ebooks and other digital materials will be delivered directly to your Canvas account when they become available. Rather than paying full price to rent each book, your student account will be charged a flat $20/credit hour. Since the cost comes straight from your student account it’s much easier to apply your financial aid. At present, this program is only available for undergraduate students.
How does it work?
- Once you register for classes, the campus bookstore will begin preparing your course materials.
- One month before classes start, you’ll receive an email asking you to select your delivery preference (in-store pickup or shipped directly to you).
- You will receive an email notification when your order is ready for pickup or when it ships
- Your digital materials will be delivered to your Canvas account.
- Beginning ten days prior to the start of classes you can choose to opt out.
- The opt-out period is open through the end of drop/add.
- You can choose to opt out of the program by visiting the portal.
Is Brenau Book Bundle right for me this semester?
In addition to the convenience of having the correct books assigned by your instructor automatically bundled for you, in most cases Brenau Book Bundle can save you money as well.
The Brenau Book Bundle program will save you money when the cost of renting your course materials is more than $20/credit hour.
If you’re taking two three-credit-hour classes this semester and each class has a textbook that will cost $100 to rent, then Brenau Book Bundle will save you money.
Renting books directly: 2 books x $100 = $200
Brenau Book Bundle: $20 x 2 classes x 3 cr. hrs. = $120
If your books are inexpensive, or the courses you’re taking don’t have any textbooks, Brenau Book Bundle may not save you money.
How do I opt out?
The opt out period begins 10 days before the first day of class and ends on the last day to add/drop a class.
If Brenau Book Bundle isn’t the right decision for you, you can choose to opt out by visiting the portal. Once you select this option, you’ll receive an email confirmation about your choice. You can opt back into the program by visiting the link within this confirmation email anytime within the opt-out period (10 days before class starts through the end of Drop/Add).