Parking MapThe Registrar’s Office has many graduation-related responsibilities. Some (but not all!) are:
- Process graduation applications.
- Complete graduation audits and post degrees to student records.
- Assist with the graduation rehearsals and ceremonies.
- Bill graduation fees to student accounts.
- Order diplomas.
- Keep students updated about graduation.
During the application period, we recommend you submit your application one of the following ways:
1) Complete the online application.
- Note: The deadline to apply for fall 2016 has passed. After Sept. 15, students who have not completed a graduation application, and are finishing fall, must submit a 2017 application. The application will ask for completion term – click “other” and input fall 2016 there. Those students can attend the spring 2017 graduation ceremony.
- Deadline to apply for graduation for spring 2017 is Jan 15. However, students are encouraged to do so now so that the audit can be completed prior to the beginning of the semester and before the drop/add period. Late applications will be accepted from Jan 16 – Feb 1 with a $75 late fee. Applications received after Feb 2 will be accepted but those students will not be permitted to attend the spring graduation ceremony. No exceptions.)
- The deadlines for summer and fall are May 15 and Sept. 15 respectively. The late application period for summer and fall is May 16-June 1 & Sept. 15-Oct. 1. However those students are encouraged now so that an audit can be completed.
2) Drop by our office and complete a paper application, during office hours.
If you do not get an email confirmation that we’ve received your application, do not assume that we’ve received it. Please follow up. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure the application is received by our office.
GRADUATION ATTENDANCE – Who can participate? Students must complete ALL coursework by the graduation ceremony in order to attend. All coursework, and any pending transient work must be transferred back to Brenau (via official transcript) BEFORE graduation. Students who have any coursework pending or have outstanding incompletes will not be permitted to walk.
Graduation Streaming: We stream all graduation ceremonies via https://livestream.com/brenau/ The events will be streamed live and left for viewing afterward.
Graduation Line-Up/Instructions and Ceremony schedule.
This would include students completing degrees summer and fall 2016.
Only students who are finished may attend. No outstanding coursework, incompletes or transient work permitted.
All Programs: Saturday, Dec 17, 2016 (originally scheduled for January, but date has changed to December)
Brenau University, Gainesville Georgia
We will have two ceremonies on Dec. 17, 2016
- Graduate Programs (master, specialist, doctoral): Student check-in & Line-up (Yonah Hall), 9:00 a.m. – graduation (Pearce Auditorium), 10:00 a.m.
- Undergraduate Programs (associate, bachelor): Student check-in & Line-up (Yonah Hall), 12:30 – Graduation (Pearce Auditorium), 1:30 p.m.
Line-Up/Instructions, Pearce Auditorium, May 5, 2017, 3:30 p.m.
Graduation: Front Lawn, May 5, 2017, 4:30 p.m.
University (graduate and undergraduate)
Line-Up/Instructions, Pearce Auditorium, May 6, 2017, 8:30 a.m.
Graduation: Front Lawn, May 6, 2017, 9:30 a.m.
If graduation must be moved due to inclement weather, a banner will appear across all Brenau websites and a notice sent via E2Campus. The alternate rain-location will be Pearce auditorium at Brenau.
Announcements, Caps/Gowns, Class Rings, etc.: These are ordered from Jostens by the student. Students on the graduation list will receive an email (at the appropriate time) with more information. Announcements can be ordered online from Jostens or students can place an order by calling 1-800-353-5299.
Audits: Audits are completed once a semester. When the audit is updated, the student and adviser will be notified by email that the audit is available online in CampusWEB. ONLY students who’ve applied for graduation and had an audit completed will be able to view their audit in CampusWEB.
Fees: Graduation fees are due by the end of the semester applied. The graduation fee covers all costs associated with graduation except for cap and gown. It is a comprehensive fee and covers administrative costs for administering graduation, diploma, graduation ceremonies, etc. As stated. The fee is a comprehensive fee and is therefore not reduced for students who do not attend graduation.
Guests: The number of guests that can attend graduation depends on how many students are walking and the space allowed. All students are given the same number of guests passes. The Registrar’s Office will send an email out to students about 2-3 months prior to graduation as to their intention to attend. The number of guest passes will be determined on that response. Guest passes are only required for indoor events.
Pictures: There will be a professional photographer on hand to take a picture of you and the President as you receive your diploma cover. You will be notified by email after graduation and have the option of purchasing the photograph.
What to wear to graduation? Your cap and gown are black, so please wear dark clothing, including dark shoes (gentlemen should wear dark pants). Graduation is held on a lawn so we strongly encourage that ladies do not wear high heels. During lineup, the Registrar’s Office will distribute the honors tassels to the undergraduate students who are graduating with honors (cum laude, magna cum laude, summa cum laude). Individual school officials will also be present to issue hoods to graduate students. Students inducted into departmental honor societies must contact their respective departments about ordering honor cords. Seniors may wear honor cords issued by a Brenau sponsored department/organization and the Brenau honors tassels at the graduation ceremony. You may only wear regalia issued through Brenau at graduation. You may not wear honor cords/tassels/pins issued by another school/organization and no visible religious or cultural attire are allowed.
What is the criteria to graduate with honors? Graduation Honors are conferred upon qualified undergraduate students who have achieved the following cumulative grade point averages. Graduate students are not eligible for graduation honors as the criteria for admission and good standing are so much higher than those set for undergraduate students.
- Cum Laude: 3.50
- Magna Cum Laude: 3.75
- Summa Cum Laude 3.90
To be eligible for consideration as an honor graduate, a student must have completed a minimum of three semesters of course work through Brenau. For computational purposes, equivalent Brenau grades and quality points will be assigned to academic grades earned at other accredited institutions.
Hotel Information for overnight graduation guests.