Awards & Scholarships
Each year, the Alumni Association inducts a select group of extraordinary alumni into the Alumni Hall of Fame. In addition, three alumnae are selected for the Young Alumna Awards and four alumnae are chosen for various Outstanding Alumna Awards. Read more about each award and the Hall of Fame via links to the right.
The Alumni Association, in partnership with the Office of Financial Aid, announces the availability of the Brenau University Legacy Scholarship. This scholarship encourages daughters, granddaughters, and sisters of Brenau alumni to continue the Golden Tigers tradition as freshmen in the Women’s College. Following are the Legacy Scholarship details and requirements:
- Scholarship application deadlines: Fall semester applicants – March 1; Spring semester applicants – November 1
- Available to incoming, first-time freshman legacies enrolling in the Women’s College only. (Transfer students are not eligible.)
- Scholarship amounts: $2,500 annually for residential Women’s College legacies; $2,000 annually for commuter Women’s College legacies (awards divided evenly over fall and spring semesters)
- Applicant’s mother, father, sister, brother or grandparent must be a Brenau alumnus (defined as anyone who completed at least 30 semester hours at Brenau in any program, including Academy/Early College, Women’s College, and non-traditional undergraduate and graduate programs)
- Renewable for up to four years or 120 semester hours, whichever is reached first
- Recipient must maintain full-time status in the Women’s College (12 or more hours per semester)
- Recipient must maintain satisfactory academic progress toward a degree as defined for all financial aid recipients in Brenau’s published institutional policies
For more information about how your daughter, granddaughter, or sister can apply for the Legacy Scholarship, please contact Brenau’s Financial Aid Office at (770) 534-6152.
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR CURRENT STUDENTS
The Alumni Association offers several scholarship opportunities for Juniors and Seniors. Applications will be available each year online and in the Alumni Office (Walters House) beginning February 1. Applications are due March 15. More information about each scholarship can be found via the links to the right.