Request a Transcript
Effective August 27, 2012:
Brenau University, in partnership with SCRIP-SAFE International, can now provide electronic transcript delivery directly to any third party designated by the student. Electronic Transcript Delivery is a secure option in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) that protects students’ privacy rights regarding their educational records.
Electronic transcripts are delivered to a secure website in an encrypted format. They are not delivered via email or by email attachments. When you place your order, you provide the email address for the recipient. The recipient will receive an email informing them that your transcript is ready for pickup at the specific URL in the email notification.
If you are unsure if your school is an eSCRIP-SAFE recipient, or you would like to read more information about electronic transcripts, please visit the scrip-safe website. (When in that website, click on the “Electronic Transcripts” tab at the bottom of the page on the left.)
Methods for requesting a transcript:
In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), all transcripts must be requested in writing. Transcripts cannot be requested by email or telephone. Transcript requests are ordinarily processed once a week, but please allow two weeks for processing. Transcripts will not be issued for any student whose financial obligations to the university have not been satisfied. Transcripts will not be faxed.
► Method 1: by Transcript Request Form:
- Transcript Request Form, University Fax or scan/email the completed form to the Registrar’s Office. Contact info is on the form. email: email@example.com / fax# 770-538-4790. Note: We recommend emailing the form. Faxing is not always a reliable form of transmission.
► Method 2: in person: Visit the Registrar’s Office and complete a Transcript Request Form. Our physical address is 620 Academy St., Gainesville (30501). We do not receive mail at this address.
► Method 3: by letter – Please include the following:
- Full name and signature (include the name you attended under and your current name)
- Social Security or Brenau ID number
- Current address & telephone number
- Email address so that we may email you with any problems
- Address where the transcript is to be mailed
- Fee – check, money order, credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover only). Do not send cash. If using your credit or debit card, please include card number and expiration date.
- Please mail your letter to: Registrar’s Office, Brenau University // 500 Washington St. SE // Gainesville, GA 30501
► Method 4: through CampusWEB. If you have access to CampusWEB, you may login to CampusWEB to submit your request. You will be given the option to pay for your transcript once you have submitted your request. Once payment is made, an email will be sent to the Registrar’s Office informing us of your request and payment.
The transcript fee is $5.00 per transcript
Note: Any overpayment of transcript fees will be considered a donation to Brenau University.
Office hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
Summer Office Hours (From May 15 – Aug. 15): Mon – Thurs 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Fri 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Notice for students with outstanding balances at the Accounting Office: Transcripts and/or diplomas will not be released for ten business days for students clearing their account balance with a personal check. Transcripts and/or diplomas will be released for normal processing if payment in full is made with a money order/certified check, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover).