Office of the Registrar FAQ

Where do I make fee and tuition payments? Payments are accepted by credit/debit card, check, cash or money order. Payments can be made over the phone to the Accounting Office, in person or via CampusWEB (click on “my billing” and follow the directions. As a security measure, all cash payments at the Gainesville Campus must be made to the Accounting Office (located at 316 Boulevard) so if a student wishes to pay cash for a transcript request, please pay the fee at the accounting office and bring your receipt to our office. We will attach the receipt to your transcript request. The Registrar’s Office can continue to take credit/debit card or check payments for transcript requests. Transcript request made via CampusWEB can be paid by debit/credit card while posting the request.
What is Brenau’s Accreditation? Brenau University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, educational specialist, and doctoral degrees.[…] Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Brenau University. The Commission is to be contacted only if there is evidence that appears to support an institution’s significant non-compliance with a requirement or standard.
Where do I get my registration form? The Registration Form is now a form that is available in electronic format and can be found on our website at the link below.

Registration Form

When can I register online? All returning students have an assigned registration day on CampusWEB. Those dates are published on the Registrar’s Office web site on the “schedule” page. Students will receive an email 2-3 weeks before the registration date. The email will contain a link to the online registration schedule and a reminder to the student to make sure his/her student account is clear, all library books are returned, etc. Returning students will be billed a late registration fee if registering during the late registration period.
As stated above, all dates for registration including initial registration, late registration, and drop/add periods are all on the “academic calendar” page on the Registrar’s Office web site. We recommend that you bookmark this site because the address does not change and it is updated every semester with new dates.
How do I register online? Registration online is easy and is available to all currently enrolled term students providing that there are no restrictions on the students’ records. Log into your CampusWEB account and click “my registration”.
How do I drop/add a class? Class schedule changes, in general, may be made up to one week after the first day of the semester (or session). Changes can be made via CampusWEB or the electronic Drop/Withdrawal Form. The academic calendar dates are printed in the catalog, and are included in detail on the Registrar’s Office web site.

Note: Students are unable to drop all classes in CampusWEB. The electronic Drop/Withdrawal form must be submitted to cancel registration.
Students must drop classes even if payment has not been submitted and the student has decided not to attend. Failure to complete the form could result in a grade of F on your academic record.

Please refer to the Registrar’s Office website for the most up-to-date information concerning registration and drop/add.

When is the last day to drop/add without penalty?  Please refer to the academic calendar for those dates. Any drop initiated after the end of the official drop period of a session will be subject to a $25.00 late drop/add fee.
When is the last day to drop and receive a grade of “W”? After approximately 25% of a session has passed and until mid-term, a withdrawal grade of “W” is automatically posted to a student’s record when the student withdraws from a course. The grade of “W” does not affect the student’s GPA. If a student drops a class after mid-term, the grade of “F” for that course will automatically be assigned to the student’s record. It is important for students to be sure that they are prepared for that consequence.
Please refer to the academic calendar for official drop dates
When is the last day to Register? Brenau University rolls out registration on different days depending on the level of the student (graduate/undergraduate – senior/junior, etc.) and the campus the student attends most frequently. Please refer to the academic calendar for registration instructions and dates.
Please Note: Until your registration form is processed by an authorized Brenau Representative or submitted by you electronically via CampusWEB, you are not registered!
When are exams? Exams for evening or weekend classes are held during the last class meeting. Please refer to the academic calendar for the day class exam schedule.
How do I get my grades? Grades are available to students via the CampusWEB system. Students can log onto to CampusWEB at any time and view their records (including grades.) For example, session 1 grades can be viewed following session 1. Since the information on CampusWEB is a direct reflection of the student records in the administrative database, any information displayed is accurate and up-to-date. Grade reports can be mailed at the end of each session and can be picked up by the student or mailed to the student’s home address. We can not fax or mail grade reports to a third-party address.
What do I do if I requested a grade report and it doesn’t arrive? If you requested a hard-copy of your grade report and a reasonable amount of time has passed, call the Registrar’s Office at 770-534-6203.
It is possible your grades were held. Grades are held for a variety of reasons. Grades can be held by several offices:
> Business Office (student accounts)
> Library (overdue books or fines)
If you have a restriction on your record, you can still view your grades via CampusWEB. If the hold is cleared – have the office that held your grades contact the Registrar’s Office. If you had requested a printed copy of your grade report, we will release it when the hold is removed and we’ve been notified.
How do I know if I can graduate? To graduate, a student must have the correct mix of courses and the correct total number of hours. Each major requires a different number of hours to graduate. It is important to consult the catalog for your major when planning your courses. If you have general questions concerning the graduation process, please visit the graduation web site. In addition to the requirements for each major, Brenau has overall graduation requirements such as residency, minimum grade point averages (overall and major), minimum number of hours, etc. (Please refer to your catalog for further details) Consult with your advisor if you have questions about your academic program. After you apply to graduate, the registrar’s office completes a graduation audit. Copies of the audit are sent to you and your adviser. If you have questions about the audit, contact your advisor.
Who can participate in graduation? Students can participate in graduation if all graduation requirements are met. Students who fail to successfully complete ALL coursework will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony. This includes transient coursework (must be transferred via official transcript prior to graduation) or any outstanding incompletes.
Can I graduate with honors? Honors are conferred upon qualified undergraduate Brenau students who have achieved the following cumulative grade point averages. Cum Laude: 3.50
Magna Cum Laude: 3.75
Summa Cum Laude: 3.90Graduate students are not eligible for graduation honors as the requirements for admission and graduate are so much higher than those for undergraduate students. That is traditional at most schools.
How do I obtain a transient letter? Students who need to take a course at another institution must contact their adviser to request transient status. Their adviser will complete a transient request form and forward the form to the Registrar’s Office for processing. If the student is undergraduate and in the last 30 hours of their academic program or (21 major hours) the form must be approved by their department and the Registrar. Brenau will not guarantee acceptance of coursework taken without a transient letter on file. PLEASE NOTE:
>>Students must earn a grade of “C” or better for undergraduate courses.
>>Students must earn a grade of “B” or better for graduate courses.
>>Courses with labs must have a “C” or better for both parts before
either the lab or the lecture can be transferred. The student’s adviser and department chair must approve graduate transient letters. If the transient letter is approved, it will be forwarded to the transient school and copied to the student and the student’s adviser. Students receiving financial aid should contact the financial aid office when they receive confirmation that their transient letter has been processed if it is required for their financial aid for that semester. (The Financial Aid Office can then confirm this acceptance and verify your aid for the affected semester). Brenau is not responsible for prerequisites courses required by the transient institution for the transient courses taken at that institution.
How do I obtain an enrollment verification? Students require enrollment verifications for a variety of reasons:
• Brenau reports enrollment to the National Student Loan Clearinghouse on a semester basis. If you wish to defer a student loan, contact your lender.
• If your lender requires a current enrollment status, you may send the deferment form to the Registrar’s Office at the address below and we will forward it to the Clearinghouse for you.
• If your lender requires an enrollment history, send your request to the Registrar’s Office.
• If you need an enrollment verification for any other reason, (such as a good student discount) please send a written request to the Registrar’s Office at
How do I see what courses are offered? Please refer to CampusWEB for the course schedule. This schedule contains up-to-date information about course enrollments/limits, and any time and day changes that are made.
How is my GPA (grade point average) calculated? GPA calculation is not as complicated as you think! Every grade received has a “quality point” value assigned to it. Those values are:

A: 4 points
B: 3 points
C: 2 points
D: 1 point
F: 0 points (This includes WF and IF grades as well)”W”, “I” and “P” do not contain a point value, and the hours are not added to the total for determining your GPA. To calculate GPA:

  • Multiply the number of points by the number of hours for each course.
  • Add all the points up.
  • Add all the course hours up (don’t include the “W” “I” or “P” grades.)
  • Divide the number of course hours into the number of GPA quality points. That is your GPA!
How do I order a duplicate copy of my diploma? You can order a copy of a diploma by accessing the diploma reorder form which is located on the Registrar’s Office Forms page.