Take centerstage and cultivate the skills and knowledge to succeed as an actor in both film and theatre through Brenau University’s Bachelor of Fine Arts in Acting for Stage & Screen. From day one, you’ll be surrounded by students and faculty who share your passion. You’ll perform in front of live audiences in a variety of theatrical settings, including main stage performances as well as plays from new and emerging playwrights. You’ll also watch yourself on screen, participate in student films, and learn how to transfer your skills to Georgia’s booming film and television industry. Best of all, you don’t have to wait to better your craft, as casting is available starting in your first semester. Brenau’s faculty have been where you want to go and will use their knowledge and connections throughout the industry to help you achieve a career in the spotlight.
Duration: 8 semesters
Start term: Fall and spring
Class type: On-ground
- Perform in the Gainesville Theatre Alliance (GTA) professional-level productions spanning a variety of theatrical experiences
- Master acting styles, stage combat, voice and diction, movement and more
- Learn from accomplished professors who are still working in the industry
- Connect with successful actors, casting directors and other professionals who offer crucial insight into the field
- Build a foundation of technique through rigorous acting, voice, movement, film and theatre core classes
- Perform in as many as six productions per year
- Graduate with the tools you need to compete in the professional market
- Act in Brenau’s four theatre spaces and student films
- Actor for stage and screen
- Acting coach
- Theatrical educator
- Voice actor
- Entertainment writer
All prospective Acting majors must complete an audition form, attend an audition and be accepted for admission by an audition reviewer before enrolling and to be considered for a theatre scholarship. Brenau holds at least three auditions per year.
Contact us today.
Chair of Theatre, Associate Professor of Theatre, Director of Theatre Design & Technology, & Resident Costume Designer