Freshman applicants who have successfully completed a college prep high school curriculum at a regionally accredited high school with a minimum GPA of 2.5 and have composite SAT scores of at least 900 (ACT of 19) will ordinarily be granted admission. Evidence of satisfaction of these requirements shall only be in the form of an official, sealed transcript from authorized school personnel or an official, sealed G.E.D. certificate. Applicants who completed high school more than seven years prior to application are not required to submit SAT/ACT scores. SAT/ACT scores must be sent directly from the testing company or be included on official transcripts. All home schooled students will be asked to come for an interview as well.
Your Admissions Checklist
✓ Submit your online application at www.brenau.edu/apply.
✓ Request that high school transcripts be sent directly to the Office of Admissions.
✓ Request that Standardized Test Scores (ACT or SAT) be sent directly to the Office of Admissions.
✓ Begin the Financial Aid process by filing out the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Please see the Apply for Financial Aid page for more information.
✓ Like Brenau University Admissions on Facebook.
✓ Schedule a campus visit if you have not already done so, and plan to attend our special admissions events (Several events are offered throughout the year; you will receive more information on these as the dates get closer).
Mail documents to:
Office of Admissions
500 Washington St SE
Gainesville, GA 30501
|What to do after you’re accepted||top|
|Next Steps for Admitted Students
Things to do before arriving on campus:
1. Request that your final high school transcript be submitted the Office of Admissions. If we do not receive your transcript(s) by registration day you will not be allowed to register for classes at Brenau.
2. Complete your Math Placement Test so that your advisor will know what Math courses you should take. Your English course placement will be determined based on your ACT or SAT scores.
3. Visit the Accounting Office webpage to begin planning your Tuition Payment and Payment Arrangements. Tuition is due before the start of the semester you plan to attend classes. To discuss payment or payment plan options, please contact the Accounting Office at 770-534-6150 or 800-252-5119 ext. 6150.
4. Complete the Health Forms. These forms must be completed and submitted before you arrive on campus for check-in. If your immunization form is not on file, you will not be able to move into the residence hall or attend class.
5. Complete and submit the Parent Information Form.
6. Complete the Emergency Contact Form so that Brenau officials will know who to contact if you are involved in an emergency situation.
7. Request your Brenau ID Card.
8. Sign up for the E2 Campus Alert System.
9. If you are 18 or older and would like to give designated individuals permission to speak with Brenau University officials regarding personally identifiable information, please complete the FERPA Release of Information Form (optional).
10. Visit the Registrar’s Calendars and Schedules page to begin planning your schedule.
11. Explore the Barnes & Noble/Brenau University Bookstore: The bookstore has information on how to purchase or rent textbooks, store hours, how to purchase spirit wear and much more.
12. Get excited about joining the Brenau family!