Whether you want to pursue a career in the music industry, or want to use music as a tool for an interdisciplinary career, the Bachelor of Arts in Music will make sure that you carry your talent and love of music with you through the rest of your life. The Bachelor of Arts in Music has two concentrations, advanced music or a secondary area of study. Advanced music students take courses that focus on high-level music skills, which will prepare you for a career as a performer or admission to music graduate schools. Students who wish to concentrate in a secondary area of study might include psychology, business or other interdisciplinary areas.
Whatever your goals may be, Brenau’s faculty will work with you one-on-one to expand your understanding of music and ensure you’re growing as a musician. With private studio lessons in piano as well as voice or your chosen instrument, you’ll get the hands-on experience that you need to thrive in a musical career.
Duration: 8 semesters
Start term: Fall and spring
Class type: On-ground
- Join one or a few of Brenau’s musical ensembles, including the Vocal Chamber Ensemble, Spectrum Singers, Gospel Choir or Opera Workshop
- Have the flexibility to double major in music or take it on as a minor
- Concentrate in a secondary area of study, including psychology, to expand your career options
- Study one-on-one with faculty members to enhance your skills as a vocalist, pianist, conductor or educator
- Perform for community members in Brenau’s three large concert halls
- Perform solos and complete a senior recital
- Increase your knowledge of music literature by attending recitals and concerts by faculty, students and guest artists.
- Professional musician
- Arts administration
- Music historian
- Music therapist (pending certification)
- Private music instructor
- Vocal coach/collaborative pianist