Military Student Information
Military Discount Program
Brenau University offers military discounts for those who serve or have served in the U.S. military. In July 2015, Brenau modified the military discounts. All students who began enrollment prior to July 1, 2015 were grandfathered in under the old policy through spring semester 2016. Below are the details of our military policy.
Military Tuition Discount – Active Duty
Active duty military personnel receive a discount on all courses taken at Brenau. The discounted rate is $250 per credit hour. The qualifications for this discount are evaluated yearly and the proper military documentation must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office. The following students may apply for the full military discount:
- Active Duty U.S. military Personnel
- National Guard
Military Tuition Discount-Veterans/Retirees/Spouses & Dependents of Active Duty
Brenau offers a 10% discount on all courses to veterans, retirees and dependents of active duty personnel. The proper documentation must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office to qualify for the discount. The following students may apply for the 10% discount:
- Honorably discharged veterans
- Military retirees
- Spouses and dependents of active U.S. military personnel
- Complete a military affidavit (PDF).
- Present official military ID or DD214 when admitted.
- Scan and email or fax the signed affidavit with your original signature (no digital signatures accepted). Email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 770-538-4790.
- For active duty military spouses, submit a copy of your marriage certificate + a copy of your spouse’s orders or military ID
- Dependent status must be verified in accordance with IRS guidelines using FAFSA or 1040 forms
NOTE: Brenau staff at your local campus can assist you and send the affidavit on your behalf.
Veterans (and dependents of veterans) utilizing VA or GI Bill Services, please contact the Financial Aid Office: Contact Robin Aiken at email@example.com or 770-718-5306.
For Post-9/11 GI Bill or other VA education benefits, please complete a Request to Receive VA Benefits Form (PDF).
All active duty service members and spouses utilizing MyCAA, who want to be included in the Military Student information network please contact Portia Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-538-4759.
Forms, Funds and Fees
Please keep all copies of DOD TA approval forms, and send copies to the appropriate contact listed above. Please allow 60-90 days after notification for funds to be applied to your Brenau account, Once the funds are transferred, Brenau will credit back late fees on tuition amount. Fees, books, late fees and consequences of nonpayment of fees are the responsibility of the student. Portia Clark, Student Accounts Manager, is available to answer billing questions at email@example.com or 770-538-4759.
Air Force and MyCAA Students (AI Portal users)
1. Register using Brenau’s CampusWEB.
2. Send an electronic version of your Air Force or MyCAA Approval Form to Portia Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Register for your classes (both sessions, if allowed) at the AI/MyCAA portal.
4. Allow at least 60 days for funds to transfer.
Active Navy, Coast Guard and Marines
1. Submit Navy Tuition Assistance authorization for semester session (A or B) to the Wide-Area Workflow system at email@example.com.
2. After the drop/add period, requests for TA are submitted are submitted by Brenau University through the WAWF system via internet.
3. The session is validated by the WAWF coordinator and an email is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to verify.
4. NETPDC sends the Brenau Accounting Office a check for the total amount validated.
5. Questions? Please contact Portia Clark at email@example.com or 770-538-4759.
Army, National Guard and Army Reservists (GoArmyEd users)
1. Select Brenau University as your home school in the GoArmyEd system.
2. Send an email Portia Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org. (NOTE: You must be accepted as a Brenau student through our admissions department before you can proceed.)
3. Register using Brenau’s CampusWEB, then request an invoice from email@example.com.
4. Request TA through your Education Officer, then forward TA approval forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Your TA funds will transfer in 60-90 days.