Brenau University is grateful and honored to have students who serve or have served in the U.S. military, and that’s why we offer tuition discounts for active duty military personnel, their dependents and spouses, and veterans. The discount is available for on-ground and online undergraduate and graduate students.
How to apply for your tuition discount
- Complete the Military Status Affidavit
- Present official military ID or DD214 when admitted to Brenau.
- For active duty and military spouses, submit a copy of your marriage certificate and a copy of your spouse’s orders or military ID.
- Dependent status must be verified in accordance with IRS guidelines using FAFSA or 1040 forms.
Brenau staff can assist you and send the affidavit on your behalf
Veterans (and dependents of veterans) using VA or GI Bill Services, contact Alex Kalagian in the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com or 904-900-7972.
For Post-9/11 GI Bill or other VA education benefits, complete a Request to Receive VA Benefits form.
All active duty service members and spouses using MyCAA, who want to be included in the Military Student Information network, contact Portia Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-538-4759.
Forms, funds and fees
Please keep all copies of DOD Tuition Assistance (TA) approval forms and send copies to the appropriate contact listed. Please allow 60-90 days after notification for funds to be applied to your Brenau accounts. Once the funds are transferred, Brenau will credit back late fees on tuition amount. Fees, books, late fees and consequences of nonpayment are the responsibility of the student.
For billing questions, contact Portia Clark at email@example.com or 770-538-4759.
Active Air Force, Air Force Reservists, Air National Guard and MyCAA Students (AI Portal users)
- Register using Brenau’s CampusWEB.
- Send an electronic version of your Air Force or MyCAA Approval Form to Portia Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register for your classes (both sessions if allowed) at the AI/MyCAA portal.
- Allow at least 60 days for funds to transfer.
Active Navy, Naval Reservists, Coast Guard and Marines
- Submit Navy Tuition Assistance authorization for semester session (A or B) to the Wide-Area Workflow system at email@example.com.
- After the drop/add period, requests for TA are submitted by Brenau through the WAWF system online.
- The session is validated by the WAWF coordinator and an email is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to verify.
- NETPDC sends the Brenau Accounting Office a check for the total amount validated.
- Questions? Contact Portia Clark at email@example.com or 770-538-4759.
Active Army, Army National Guard and Army Reservists (ArmyIgnitED portal users)
- Select Brenau University as your home school in the ArmyIgnitED system.
- Send an email to Portia Clark at at firstname.lastname@example.org. (NOTE: You must be accepted as a Brenau student through our admissions department before you can proceed.)
- Register using Brenau’s CampusWEB, then request an invoice from email@example.com.
- Request TA though your Education Officer, then forward TA approval forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your TA funds will transfer in 60-90 days.
For more information, contact Rosanne Short, director of military and veteran student services, at email@example.com or 770-531-3135.
The Navy, the Department of Defense, and the Federal Government of the United States do not officially endorse any company, sponsor, advertiser, or their products or services.