Doctor of Nursing Practice
Purpose of the DNP
The purpose of the DNP program is to prepare graduates for clinical practice in nursing at the highest level.
At the completion of the DNP program students will demonstrate: scientific inquiry, leadership in advanced nursing practice and scholarship.
There are 2 program concentrations:
- Doctor of Nursing Practice – Advanced Practice Nurse
- Doctor of Nursing Practice – Leadership & Management
Program Expected Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the DNP program student will demonstrate proficiency in the Essentials outlined by the AACN.
Specifically students will be able to.
- Utilize scientific inquiry to produce improved practiced outcomes
- Demonstrate leadership in advanced nursing practice
- Produce advanced practice nursing scholarship through application of research
Our DNP cohorts begin once per year during the Fall semester. Our application deadline is June 1st.
Applicants must posess the following academic and professional qualifications: MSN; Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher; Current Advanced Practice Nursing certificate or license; Current RN License
In order to apply students must submit the following:
1) Our electronic application, which you can find on our website at www.brenau.edu/apply;
2) A completed Nursing CAS application. You can find the Nursing CAS application by following this link: www.nursingcas.org, Nursing CAS is a “common” nursing application system established by the AACN;
3) Three professional references. References must be submitted to Nursing CAS using the Nursing CAS e-form or the Nursing CAS paper reference form;
4) Resume and Essay. Submit resume through Nursing CAS and complete the Nursing CAS essay;
5) Current Advanced Practice certificate or license. Fax certificate or license to the Brenau Graduate Admissions Office at (770) 718-5338;
6) Current RN nursing license. Fax RN License to the Brenau Graduate Admissions Office at (770) 718-5338;
7) Applicants should request two copies of their Official Transcripts from all previous institutions. Have one set of transcripts sent to Nursing CAS at the address provided in the Nursing CAS application. Have the second set of transcripts sent directly to the Brenau Office of Graduate Admissions at 500
Washington Street, SE, Gainesville, GA 30501.
| Brenau University (East Campus)|
Department of Nursing
500 Washington Street SE
Gainesville, GA 30501
| Brenau University|
North Atlanta Campus
3139 Campus Dr.
Norcross, GA 30071
| Phone: 770.534.6240|
Dianne Preissler, BSN, MSN, DNP
More about the Doctorate of Nursing Practice at Brenau
The official news release