We are committed to welcoming every member of the Brenau community and creating a culture that embodies diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. At Brenau, we acknowledge and respect the intersections of identity and lived experiences of faculty, staff, students, and alumni regardless of race, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ability, neurodivergence, military experience, culture and other important identities. You have a home at Brenau!
We embrace compassion and take the time to understand each other because we know our differences make us stronger. We want our students to be local and global leaders who create positive change and engage in global opportunities. Brenau’s strategic plan strengthens our current efforts of fostering inclusion and belonging and sets the stage to create an even more uplifting environment for all students, staff, and faculty by:
- Providing meaningful intercultural experiences for all members of the Brenau community, expanding knowledge and skill
- Committing to understanding and meeting the needs of a diverse student population in a changing world
- Developing and enhancing our commitment to serving students across the globe
- Nurturing an ethos of belonging for all in the Brenau community
We continuously assess our campus climate to ensure the effectiveness of our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging initiatives.
Faculty, staff, students and alumni strive to build traditions that highlight our diversity such as:
- Nyansapo Kente Stole ceremony
- Martin Luther King Jr. Convocation
- Annual International Week
- Lunar New Year celebration
- Hispanic Heritage Month events
- Juneteenth commemorations
- Panamanian Cultural Day
- Own Your Crown festival