Educational Specialist in Middle Grades Education
Brenau University’s Educational Specialist in Middle Grades (Ed.S.) is designed for those who hold a master’s degree in middle grades education and want to get an advanced education degree. Graduates are equipped with a wide choice of employment in the field of education, ranging from curriculum design to traditional teaching, as well as supervisory and leadership positions. This 12-course, 31-credit-hour degree program will provide the practicing professional additional depth of knowledge in the field of middle grades education.
Features of the accelerated Adult and Graduate Studies Educational Specialist in Middle Grades degree program are:
• This program is offered online
• Most classes run for just seven (7) weeks
• Most classes are from 6-10:00 just one night a week
• Brenau’s College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
• Brenau University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
To earn the Educational Specialist in Middle Grades degree, students must have satisfactorily completed the following:
- Minimum two years of full-time teaching experience and currently employed in a school as evidenced by a current résumé
- A current clear and renewable certificate in middle grades education or elementary education
- A master’s degree in middle grades education from a regionally accredited college or university
- A cumulative 3.0 grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale for all attempted collegiate work
- Official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended
- • Applicants whose native language is not English must provide evidence of proficiency in English by providing current iBT (formerly TOEFL) scores
Brenau University participates in NC-SARA.