DPT Admissions Requirements
The DPT Curriculum
The curriculum is a three year, nine (9)-semester plan of study, which incorporates 30 weeks of full-time clinical internship and three weeks of integrated part-time clinical experiences. The students are awarded the DPT degree after completing 128 credit hours of professional course work. Download the DPT Curriculum (PDF).
- An official transcript from each post-secondary school previously attended
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in college course work, and minimum of a 3.0 in all prerequisite courses.
- Courses must have all been completed within the last seven years.
- Official GRE scores (Brenau Code: 7557)
- Minimum score of 146 on the verbal portion of the GRE, 144 on the quantitative portion and 3.5 on the analytical writing portion for GRE test taken on or after to August 1st, 2011.
- Minimum score of 400 on the verbal portion of the GRE, 500 on the quantitative portion and 3.5 on the analytical writing portion for GRE test taken prior to August 1st, 2011.
- Minimum scores must be all met on one exam.
- 40 hours of volunteer experience or observations divided at least between two different types of settings.
- Three letters of recommendation from: a licensed PT, a professor and other non-family member.
- APTA Essay
The following prerequisite courses must be completed with a final grade of “C” or better while having a minimum of a 3.0 in all prerequisite courses.
- Chemistry 1 & 2 with labs
- Physics 1 & 2 with labs
- Psychology – two semesters including General Psychology and one additional
- Biology – Two semesters with labs AND one semester Human Physiology with lab
- Or one semester Biology with lab AND two semesters of Human Anatomy and Physiology with labs.
- Or one semester Biology and lab AND one semester of Anatomy with lab AND one semester of Human Physiology with lab.
International Student English Language Requirement: Proficiency in the English language can be proven through submission of a minimum of one of the following:
- ACT composite score of 19
- IELTS score of 6.5
- SAT total of 900 (verbal 450)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 550 (Paper based test)
- TOEFL score of 213 (Computer based test)
- TOEFL score of 79 (Internet based test).
- or a grade of “C” or better in EH 101 & EH 102 from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university.
Effective November 12, 2014, Brenau University has been granted Candidate for Accreditation status by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), (1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314; phone: 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Candidate for Accreditation is a pre-accreditation status of affiliation with the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education that indicates that the program may matriculate students in technical/professional courses and that the program is progressing toward accreditation. Candidate for Accreditation is not an accreditation status nor does it assure eventual accreditation.