Day Program at Gainesville
Our Day MSOT program begins once per year in the fall semester (August start) and is located at our Gainesville, GA Brenau East Campus. This program is completed in 7 semesters. Classes are typically held on-ground 4-5 days a week between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m., with some online work supplementing the on ground classes. Students take 16-18 hours per semester and participate in different types of fieldwork throughout the program. This is a good option for students who can devote full time during the week to their studies.
Hybrid Weekend Program at North Atlanta/Norcross
Our Hybrid Weekend MSOT program located in Norcross, GA begins once per year in the spring semester (January start) and can be completed in 9 semesters. Students take between 9-13 hrs per semester, with on-ground classes every other weekend on Friday evening and all day Saturday. Students have a significant amount of online coursework between class meeting times along with a variety of fieldwork obligations outside regular class hours. This option is ideal for individuals who work full time or have other significant commitments during the weekdays.
Hybrid Day Program at North Atlanta/Norcross
Our Hybrid Day MSOT program located in Norcross, GA begins once per year in the summer semester (May start). This program is completed in 7 semesters. Students take 16-18 hours per semester and participate in different types of fieldwork throughout the program. Classes are typically held on-ground 3 days a week between 8 am and 6 pm. Students will have a significant amount of online coursework between class meeting times along with fieldwork obligations outside regular class hours. This option is a good choice for those students who wish to work part-time during the week or weekend, but are able to devote full time to their studies in this altered schedule.
Visit either Campus to learn more about the MSOT options at Brenau University
See the campus and attend a 90-minute group information session. Find out about our MSOT options, admissions requirements and the applications procedures. Info sessions are:
Gainesville: 1st Tuesday each month in Gainesville at Brenau East Campus (not Main campus) at 5:30 p.m.
Norcross/North Atlanta: 2nd Tuesday each month in Norcross at Brenau North Atlanta Campus at 5:30 p.m.
Register for campus info sessions at http://www.brenau.edu/admissions/visit/
MSOT Admission Requirements
• Baccalaureate Degree*
• 3.0 Overall GPA
• 3.0 Prerequisite GPA
• OT Shadowing hours – Substantial number (no set number)
• 3 Professional References (at least one from an OT) submitted through OTCAS using OTCAS form only
• Brenau receipt of all official transcripts.
Brenau University Admissions
500 Washington Street SE, Gainesville, GA 30501
The 9 courses below must be completed before starting the MSOT program, but you may apply while still in progress:
1. PY 101 – Intro to Psychology
2. PY 202 – Human Growth & Development - a full lifespan course; taken within past 5 years
3. PY 301 – Research Methods - covers methods and designs used in psychological and health care research; taken within past 5 years
4. PY 309 – Abnormal Psychology
5. SY 101 or AY 101 – Intro to Sociology or Anthropology
6. MS 205 – Intro to Statistics - psychological stats courses are also accepted
7. BY 209 or BY 210- Anatomy & Physiology I or II * – 4 hour course with a lab; taken within past 5 years
8. Additional 4 hour Science course with a lab:
(choose from CY 103-Chemistry, BY 105-Biology, PS 121- Physics, or BY 206- Microbiology)
9. HS 200 – Medical Terminology - 1 to 3 credits
For a complete list of requirements and prerequisites please visit the MSOT entry in the university catalog.
Nancy L. Fowler, MS, OTR/L, Admissions Counselor & Instructor, School of Occupational Therapy, Phone: (678) 707-5001, firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have your baccalaureate degree and all prereq courses? Apply to the MSOT program!
Application instructions and deadlines: To apply for admission, complete both the Occupational Therapy Centralized Application System (OTCAS) application AND complete the Brenau University Application for Graduate School:
1. Link to the OTCAS required for MSOT program: https://portal.otcas.org/
2. Link to the Brenau University Application for Graduate School: https://www.brenau-grad.org/grad/index.cfm?&isndsl
Application Deadlines: Note that both applications must be submitted by this date, and all documents received by this date as well.
- For Fall 2014/Day/Gainesville Campus: January 15, 2014
- For Spring 2015/Weekend/Norcross Campus: June 1, 2014
- For Summer 2015/Day/Norcross Campus : October 15, 2014
Do you have your baccalaureate degree but need to complete some or all of your prerequisite courses?
- You may complete prereqs at any regionally accredited institution, and you may apply to the MSOT while prereqs are still in progress, provided all are completed prior to starting the MSOT
- You may complete your prereqs at Brenau University by applying to the Post Baccalaureate Pre-OT Program. This 31-credit hour preparatory program requires a cumulative GPA of at least 2.8 for admission and you may begin any semester. Admission to the Post-Bacc does not guarantee admission to the MSOT program. Several of the courses are available online. You may choose this route if you need all or even just 1 prereq course! Program participants are eligible for financial aid.
Apply here to the Post-Baccalaureate Program: http://www.brenau.edu/apply/transfer-applicants/
Do you need a 4-year (baccalaureate) degree?
- “I am a high school graduate” - start at the beginning and apply to the University: https://www.brenau-info.org/application/index.cfm?&isndsl
- “I have an associate’s degree or some college credits” - apply as a transfer student: http://www.brenau.edu/apply/transfer-applicants/
For assistance regarding either the Post-Bacc or the undergraduate pathways to the MSOT, please contact Brenau University Admissions Specialist Jamie Cushway, Office of Admissions (770) 534-6188 or email@example.com