Doctor of Nursing Practice
The purpose of the DNP program is to prepare graduates for clinical practice in nursing at the highest level. At the completion of the DNP program students will demonstrate: scientific inquiry, leadership in advanced nursing practice and scholarship. The DNP program is in a hybrid format, a combination of on-ground and online instruction. Classes meet approximately one Saturday per month on our North Atlanta campus. To learn more about the Doctor of Nursing Practice program contact Dr. Troy Heidesch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-534-6154.
There are two degree options available. Click a title for detailed information.
Admission to DNP programs
Our DNP cohorts begin once per year during the Fall semester. Our application deadline is June 1st.
In order to apply students must submit the following to the Brenau Office of Admissions:
1. Hold an M.S.N. from an accredited institution. Applicants with a Bachelor’s of Nursing (BSN) and a non-nursing master’s degree such as a MBA, MHA, masters of Ed, or related field may be admitted on a case-by-case basis.
2. Demonstrate 3.0 GPA on all attempted college work.
3. Have 12 months experience as an advanced practice nurse in direct care or in a leadership/management role. Those with experience in related fields may be admitted on a case-by-case basis.
4. Hold a current nursing license in the state of practice.
5. Demonstrate evidence of a course in statistics.
6. Complete an applicant interview.
How to Apply
Questions about the application process? Contact Jennifer Benning, Admissions Specialist, at 770-534-6207 or email@example.com
Clinical Doctorate of Nursing Practice – Hybrid/North Atlanta
(instructions not applicable to BSN or MSN applicants)
To apply for admission to our DNP program, please read and follow these instructions carefully:
- Complete the free, online Brenau Graduate Application. Choose North Atlanta as your campus and Doctor of Nursing Practice (two concentration choices) should filter down in the available majors.
- Complete the Nursing Centralized Application System (NursingCAS) application at nursingcas.org. Be sure to complete the application in its entirety and submit the necessary NursingCAS application fee. For more information about NursingCAS, visit http://www.aacn.nche.edu/nursingcas/about.
- Official transcripts and other required documents should be sent directly to NursingCAS. There is no need to send official transcripts, licenses, or references to Brenau University, as we collect and review official documents via NursingCAS. Monitor your NursingCAS application to determine if and when your transcripts were received.
|DNP Advanced Practice||June 1, 2016||Fall 2016|
|DNP Leadership/Management||June 1, 2016||Fall 2016|
DNP Advanced Practice Nurse
Program of study: Bioethics in Advanced Practice Nursing 3, Biostatistics 3Epidemiology 3, Genomics and Population Health 3, Health Care Financing and Economics 3, Strategic Management and Leadership 3,Project Identification 3, Methods for Evidence-Based Practice 3, Health Care Systems, Policy and Law 3, Project Development 3,Informatics for Health Care 3, Project Implementation 3, Project Outcomes Evaluation and Dissemination 4
DNP Leadership and Management
Program of study: Bioethics in Advanced Practice Nursing 3, Biostatistics 3,Epidemiology 3, Genomics and Population Health 3,Health Care Financing and Economics 3, Strategic Management and Leadership 3,Project Identification 3, Methods for Evidence-Based Practice 3,Health Care Systems, Policy and Law 3, Project Development 3,Informatics for Health Care 3, Project Implementation 4,Project Outcomes Evaluation and Dissemination 4