Music Audition Information
Next Scheduled Audition(s):
Saturday, October 29, 2016 – This audition will be a part of the Admissions Office’s Fall Open House. For more information on, and to register for, Fall Open House, visit https://www.brenau.edu/admissions/visit/.
Saturday, January 28- Sunday, January 29, 2017 – This audition will be held during the annual Brenau Winter Weekend overnight visit. The audition will take place at a scheduled time during one of these days (Time TBA). For information on, and to register for, Winter Weekend, please follow this link: https://www.brenau.edu/admissions/visit/ .
Sunday, April 23, 2017 – The final audition of the academic year will be held during Spring Open House. For more information on Spring Open House and to register for this event, visit https://www.brenau.edu/admissions/visit/.
Please contact the Chair of the Music Department, Barbara Steinhaus, at 770.534.6235 for more information or to schedule an individual appointment.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MUSIC AUDITIONS
1. One sonata (or sonatina) movement from the Baroque or Classical period
2. One piece from the Romantic, Impressionistic, or Contemporary period (one of these pieces must be in a fast tempo).
Vocalists must sing TWO standard English, Italian, French or German ART SONGS from memory. (English may be substituted for any foreign language.) Operatic arias and show tunes are disallowed.
Instrumentalists must perform TWO pieces from memory in contrasting moods from the standard repertoire for
In addition to the performance requirement, students will be evaluated in theory, ear-training, and sight-reading.
Click HERE for an Application, to be returned two weeks prior to your audition date.
1. Return your completed music application at least 2 weeks prior to your music audition.
2. Music scholarships are ONLY for music majors.
3. Students auditioning for scholarships must have already applied for admission to the college.
4. Transcripts and SAT/ACT scores must be on file.
5. Audition times are set on a first come basis, according to receipt of audition application.
6. All auditions will be closed to the public.