Foreign Language Webcape Placement
Online Testing Information
The on-line placement test will be used for placement purposes only. No credit for language courses will be granted based on the results of this test. Students may take the test from any computer with internet access. Each test takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. When the test is completed, you will be given your score. Please print a copy of your results for your records and for academic advisement purposes later.
Please be aware that the test is designed to alternate between asking difficult and easier questions in order to determine your skill level. Do not be discouraged by the more difficult questions that you cannot answer. Just do your best.
- Go to the following website: https://www.aetip.com/student/RegisterStudent.cfm to register to take the test. You will be charged $10.00 for the exam which can be paid by charge card (you will need your charge card information to register).
- Provide the exam registration data (your personal information, payment information, and the language in which you will be tested) and submit the information.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your purchase with the link and exam ID (password). You may begin the test at that time or wait to take the exam. If you would like to take the exam later, paste the link provided into your browser and enter your exam ID.
- In the testing site, disable all pop-up blockers on your website.
- Complete the survey that will identify you with your scores.
- Once you begin the exam, do not click outside of the exam window or your exam will be invalidated and terminated.
- Print a copy of your results for your records and for academic advisement purposes later.
- Contact Ms. Whitney Neveils (email@example.com) and provide her with your test score and test date. Assuming the results qualify you to exempt the 101 course, she will send official notification and scores to the Registrar, allowing you to register for the 102 level course. Copy of notification will be sent to student.
Please note that this test provides a snapshot of your knowledge that has been correlated with the different levels of foreign language study in college. Still, because it is brief, you may feel that your results do not reflect your abilities. You may discuss your concerns with your advisor at registration and request further evaluation by the foreign language faculty at that time.
Please guard carefully the link and your ID for taking the exam once you have registered. If, however, you have a problem (lose the information), you can contact our providers by email for assistance (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have any questions regarding these instructions, please contact the Office of Admissions at 770.534.6100 or via email email@example.com the Coordinator of Modern Languages, Dr. Shelton Bellew (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Score over 500: Students should consult with departmental faculty to identify appropriate course or additional testing options.
Score between 351-500: Permission to enroll at the 200 level or above
Score between 251-350: Permission to enroll at the 102 level
Score below 250: Enrollment at the 101 level*
*Students concerned that the test does not reflect their knowledge of the language may request further evaluation by a faculty member who can evaluate listening, speaking, and/or writing skills to determine if enrollment in a higher level course is advisable.