Degrees in Education
Welcome to the College of Education at Brenau University. Thank you for visiting us as you consider education program options.
The College of Education prepares students for positions in the teaching field through its undergraduate and graduate teacher certification programs and advancement opportunities in the field for certified teachers completing graduate degrees. Brenau has an unparalleled record in that arena. Brenau credentials historically have placed applicants for positions in public or private schools in good standing with prospective employers. More than 600 Brenau graduates work in teaching jobs in and around the north Georgia community alone.
Brenau University College of Education’s superb, highly qualified and academically productive faculty members collectively possess extensive years of classroom and administrative experience. The college has a long history, having prepared teachers since the founding of the institution in 1878.
Originally impacting education in northeast Georgia, the College of Education now extends its reach far beyond through undergraduate and graduate programs, including a education specialist advanced degree track, operating throughout the state in Gainesville, North Atlanta – Norcross, South Atlanta – Fairburn and Augusta and around the globe through fully accredited online programs.
As you explore your options, remember that Brenau University provides convenience through multiple locations and delivery formats and excellent learning experiences provided by an outstanding faculty and interaction with seasoned professionals and top-tier students who have also chosen Brenau for their academic advancement.
Adult and Graduate Studies
Initial Certification Programs–for those who wish to earn their degree while earning Teacher Certification
- B.S. in Early Childhood Education
- B.S. in Middle Grades
- B.S. in Special Education
- M.A.T. (Master of Arts in Teaching – Early Childhood Education)
- M.A.T. (Master of Arts in Teaching – Fine Arts Education in Art, Music, Dance, or Theatre)
- M.A.T. (Master of Arts in Teaching – Middle Grades)
- M.A.T. (Masters of Arts in Teaching – Special Education)
- M.A.T. (Masters of Arts in Teaching – Secondary Education)
Graduate Programs–for those who have already earned a Teaching Certificate
- M. Ed. (Masters in Education – ECE)
- M. Ed. (Masters in Education – MG)
- M. Ed. (Masters in Education – SE)
- Ed.S. (Education Specialist – ECE)
- Ed.S. (Education Specialist – MG)
Education Certification Endorsements–enhancements to your degree
- Math K-5 Endorsement
- Reading Endorsement
- Science Endorsement
- Autism Endorsement (Beginning Summer 2017)
- ESOL Endorsement (Beginning Summer 2017)