FULL TIME PROGRAM (STARTING in MAY): General admission to Brenau University November 15, Nursing Admission November 15, Nursing Offers mailed December 14, Deposit Deadline April 15, Wait List deadline April 20.
PART-TIME EVENING & WEEKEND (STARTING IN JANUARY): Now accepting applications for our spring semester.
Submit official copies (in sealed envelopes) of transcripts from all Colleges and Universities to:
Office of Admissions
500 Washington St. SE
Gainesville, GA 30501
Note: We are unable to evaluate unofficial transcripts.
If you are granted general admission into Brenau University you will receive in your acceptance packet a Nursing Application which includes a Nursing Application Form and a registration form for the nursing admissions test.
1. The Nursing Application Form lists the required pre-nursing courses. The transcript evaluator will fill out the form with the courses that transfer into Brenau AND meet degree requirements for the BSN.
a. On the right hand side of the form indicate which semester (fall, spring, or summer), year and institution you will complete the remaining courses.
b. Should you fail to do so you will not be considered for application into nursing
c. You can download a blank copy of the Nursing Application Form here: Undergraduate Nursing Application (PDF)
2. We administer the Kaplan nursing admissions test monthly. Application will not be considered for admission into the program until the test has been taken. For more information on the Admission Test click here
3. Please Fax the completed forms to the School of Nursing at 770.538.4666
4. The School of nursing’s Admission and Progression Committee will review files for admission. This will happen in late January for the Full-time track and late summer for the Part-time track.
a. Criteria for admission
i. Overall GPA – based on all college course work ever attempted
1. Minimum require 2.75
2. Due to the competitive nature of nursing admissions those admitted into the program typically are at or above a 3.0 GPA
ii. Nursing GPA – based on highest grade earned in the last five years in the following courses: (The Nursing GPA is only computed if all four classes are completed at the time of the admission decisions)
1. Anatomy and Physiology I (BY209)
2. Anatomy and Physiology II (BY210)
3. Principls of Chemistry (CY103)
4. Reading and Research Writing (EH102)
5. Minimum required 2.5
6. Due to the competitive nature of nursing admissions those admitted into the program typically are at or above a 3.0 GPA
iii. Admission Test
1. Minimum score of 60
2. For a list of times and the application please click here
iv. Students that meet one of more of the following condition are given slightly higher priority in the decision process
1. Completed pre-nursing course work at Brenau (12 hours minimum)
v. You will be notified in writing via USPS of the committee’s decision.
vi. If accepted into the program the packet will include instructions for the next steps in the process.
For more information call the School of Nursing at 770-534-6260.