|The Master of Science in Clinical Counseling Psychology began at Brenau in 2003 and is a two year full-time or three to four year part-time program designed to provide training that is consistent with a scientist-practitioner model of Clinical Counseling Psychology. The program is co-educational and classes are offered one morning and one evening per week. The program is accredited by the Masters in Psychology and Counseling Accreditation Council (MPCAC).|
Preparing for Excellence.
The Master’s Program in Clinical Counseling Psychology is committed to:
- Preparing students for work in a wide variety of clinical, counseling, assessment, and research settings;
- Preparing students to be scientists-practitioners;
- Providing an education that will lead to intellectual and professional competence;
- Promoting personal growth;
- Promoting reflection about practice and cultivating compassion and sensitivity in the therapeutic approach; and
- Encouraging community responsibility and global understanding with an emphasis on cultivating competency in social and cultural diversity issues.
“Brenau’s MPSY program offered progressive challenges inside the classroom and real-world application of classroom skills durng field experience outside the classroom.” — Michael Bergquist, 2010 MPSY Graduate
Click HERE for link to page with Program Plan for MS in Clinical Counseling Psychology.
Video: Master’s degree graduate Dori Garziano talks about the clinical counseling program in psychology at Brenau.