|The Master of Science in Clinical Counseling Psychology began at Brenau in 2003 and is a two year full-time or three to four year part-time program designed to provide training that is consistent with a scientist-practitioner model of Clinical Counseling Psychology. The program is co-educational and classes are offered one morning and one evening per week. The program is accredited by the Master's of Psychology Accreditation Council (MPAC).
Preparing for Excellence.
The Master's Program in Clinical Counseling Psychology is committed to:
- Preparing students for work in a wide variety of clinical, counseling, assessment, and research settings;
- Preparing students to be scientists-practitioners;
- Providing an education that will lead to intellectual and professional competence;
- Promoting personal growth;
- Promoting reflection about practice and cultivating compassion and sensitivity in the therapeutic approach; and
- Encouraging community responsibility and global understanding with an emphasis on cultivating competency in social and cultural diversity issues.
"Brenau's MPSY program offered progressive challenges inside the classroom and real-world application of classroom skills durng field experience outside the classroom." -- Michael Bergquist, 2010 MPSY Graduate
Click HERE for link to page with Program Plan for MS in Clinical Counseling Psychology.
Video: Master's degree graduate Dori Garziano talks about the clinical counseling program in psychology at Brenau.