There is no greater calling today than the teaching profession-or more rewarding one. Skilled, confident, compassionate teachers-the kind of teachers Brenau has a reputation for graduating-continually find themselves highly sought after by school systems throughout Georgia, the South and beyond. At Brenau University, the graduate education department prides itself on training skilled, reflective teachers who become leaders in their schools.
- Early Childhood Education (34-36 hour program)
- Middle Grades (34 hour program)
- Special Education (34-36 hour program)
The Master of Education program is designed to develop and enhance proficiency and professionalism among practicing teachers and those wishing to become teachers. Graduates will take active roles in planning, implementing, and evaluating effective teaching practices through reflective decisions relating to content, pedagogy and the learner. At Brenau, students can earn a Master of Education degree in the following areas:
- · Early Childhood
· Middle Grades
· Special Education
Master of Education students are required to take 34-36 credit hours and will generally take two classes per 8-week session. The following number of credits will be derived from each field of study:
- · Professional Development
· Graduate Research
· Graduate Reading
· Graduate Methods
· Graduate Electives
· Capstone Experience
These areas of interest enable the student to receive a well-rounded education that will enhance their understanding of effective and innovative tactics within the classroom.
- Courses are taught at two locations making coursework readily available for program completion
- Candidate can pursue an internship with a school system while completing the program
- Candidate becomes certified while also pursuing a master’s degree
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution
· Minimum grade point average of 3.0
· Minimum MAT or GRE at the 25th percentile
· Writing sample & interview
· Three letters of reference one of which must come from a school administrator if the candidate is employed in a school system
· Must hold or be eligible for full certification
How do I learn more? To find out more information please fill out the contact information form and we will be incontact with you soon.
How long will the program take? Program takes from a year to a year and a half depending on how many courses the student takes.
How will this degree benefit me? The Masters of Education provides the practicing professional additional depth of knowledge in their respective fields while pursuing a master’s degree.
Can I take a mixture of online and on ground courses? The MED student can take both online and on ground courses to meet the degree requirements.
Is the degree offered completely online? The master’s degree in Early Childhood is offered in an online format.
Will I have an advisor for this program? You will be assigned a full time faculty member for advisement during your program.
Early Childhood and Middle Grades Education
Dr. Rebecca Penwell-Cooper
770.446.2900 ex 108
Dr. Vincent Yamilkoski