Next Scheduled Audition (s):
*Saturday, November 15 at 1:00 p.m.
*Saturday, March 21 at 1:00 p.m.
Please contact the Chair of the Music Department, Barbara Steinhaus, at 770.534.6235 for more information or to schedule an individual appointment.
*These audition dates are part of Brenau’s campus visitation events (Senior Saturday November 15 and Spring Open House March 21). Click here for more information on these events.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MUSIC AUDITIONS
Pianists must perform TWO pieces from memory:
1. One sonata (or sonatina) movement from the Baroque or Classical period
2. One piece from the Romantic, Impressionistic, or Contemporary period (one of these pieces must be in a fast tempo).
Vocalists must sing TWO standard English, Italian, French or German ART SONGS from memory. (English may be substituted for any foreign language.) Operatic arias and show tunes are disallowed.
In addition to the performance requirement, students will be evaluated in theory, ear-training, and sight-reading.
Click HERE for an Application, to be returned two weeks prior to your audition date.
1. Return your completed music application at least 2 weeks prior to your music audition.
2. Music scholarships are ONLY for music majors.
3. Students auditioning for scholarships must have already applied for admission to the college.
4. Transcripts and SAT/ACT scores must be on file.
5. Audition times are set on a first come basis, according to receipt of audition application.
6. All auditions will be closed to the public.