|Family Nurse Practitioner||MSN||As a FNP you will be qualified to be the healthcare provider for families and individuals of all ages.|
|Nurse Educator||MSN||You can become part of the solution to the critical shortage of nursing faculty or facilitate education within healthcare environments.|
|Nurse Educator Certificate||MSN||Prepares you teach teach in nursing education and clinical settings|
|MSN Nurse Leadership and Management||MSN||You will be prepared to lead nursing in a collaborative healthcare environment.|
Admission Requirements for MSN Program
MSN Degree Programs begin in Fall semester only. Applications due by June 1st.
In addition to the general requirements for admissions stated in the Graduate Admissions section of this Catalog, admission decisions to the graduate nursing program will be based on a composite of the following:
- Evidence of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited nursing program.
- Minimum Cumulative and nursing GPA of 3.0.
- Undergraduate courses in physical assessment and research methods.
- Minimum of one year of full-time work experience in nursing within the past five years.
- An interview may be requested by the admissions committee.
In order to apply students must submit the following:
1) Our electronic application, which students can find on our website at www.brenau.edu/apply;
2) A completed Nursing CAS application. Students can find the Nursing CAS application by following this link: www.nursingcas.org. Nursing CAS is a “common” nursing application system established by the AACN;
3) Two professional references. References must be submitted to Nursing CAS using the Nursing CAS e-form or the Nursing CAS paper reference form;
4) Resume and Personal Statement. Submit resume through Nursing CAS and complete the “personal statement” with information about why you are interested in pursuing your chosen degree;
5) Official GRE Score – Required for Family Nurse Practitioner applicants only. Ask that Official GRE score be sent directly to Brenau University;
6) Current RN nursing license. Fax RN License to the Brenau Graduate Admissions Office at (770) 718-5338;
7) Applicants should request two copies of their Official Transcripts from all previous institutions. Have one set of transcripts sent to Nursing CAS at the address provided in the Nursing CAS application. Have the second set of transcripts sent directly to the Brenau Office of Graduate Admissions at 500
Washington Street, SE, Gainesville, GA 30501.
Applications are evaluated based on all of the admission requirements. Brenau may consider an applicant who does not meet [all] stated requirements, but who, in the opinion of the appropriate department, may be a good candidate for admission to the University. In such cases an applicant’s credentials will be reviewed by the graduate admissions committee, (based on departmental referral), to determine if the applicant is qualified for admission.