Founded as the Georgia Baptist Female Seminary by Dr. W. C. Wilkes, Brenau University is a non-sectarian, privately owned institution. In 1900, it was named Brenau College, and, in the 1992-1993 academic year, Brenau became a university.
For over a century, Brenau has been governed by eight presidents and has a rich tradition of educating women. Today, the university offers bachelor’s, master’s, and specialists degrees on five campuses throughout Georgia.
The university is currently grouped into four divisions:
The Women’s College, located in Gainesville, has provided excellence in single gender education since 1878.
Brenau’s Evening and Weekend College is for returning adult men and women and was founded in 1972 with five locations across the state. Classes meet evenings and weekends at convenient times and locations.
The Online College offers selected degree programs online.
Brenau Academy specializes in high quality college prep education for female high school students.